Thursday, January 5, 2012

wall Art

I have been looking for a long to time to find just the right wall art to go over my piano but nothing ever seemed to be the right piece that matched the style of my living room. Well fortunately for me there was a Michaels store that was moving locations and the whole store was on clearance! I saw these frames that where marked down to $2 per frame! I had no idea what I was going to put in these frames but thought a cluster of frames could be the perfect display over my piano. Here's what I came up with and I absolutely love it!!




This stuff is great to have. Can be found at any craft store
I cut 8 12x12 pieces of burlap and sprayed the frame backings and stuck the burlap to it. I had to press down and smooth out the burlap so it didn't look bunched up
All images were cutout using this cricut cartridge
I had a black poster board that I cut all the images out of with my cricut machine and sanding the images gave it just a little more detail that I was looking for.
I cut double images and added foam squares for most of the frames just to add a little more dimension in the frame
Then hot glued the images to the burlap



Then I just shopped my house to find the decor for the top of my piano. Its amazing how you can change the look of the original way you decorate with the same stuff put in a different spaces next to different things and you have a whole new awesome look!

Linked to-Rae Gun Ramblings, Blissful and Domestic


7 comments:

  1. very cute! I was just thinking about doing a big monogram B with the same technique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I am so in LOVE! I love that you shopped your house for everything else. That is my favorite thing to do. And man you lucked out with those frames! I love clearance always the best!

    Thanks so much for linking up and sharing Cassidy!

    www.blissfulanddomestic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute! I am going to have to continue to get inspiration from you. My family will really benefit from your blog. Keep it up Cassidy! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! It looks great hanging on your wall-- so clean and contemporary! I love your cute blog. I'm following you now!

    Thanks for stopping by 52 mantels and leaving me some comment love! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea!!! Too cute!! I'm having a linky party, and would love it if you joined! Here is the link! http://www.thesouthernproductqueen.com/one-stop-shoppe-linky-party-3 Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this looks so good! the burlap was a great idea, give it so much texture!

    ReplyDelete
  7. mi sembra molto bella e originale la tua idea un bacio lili http://lacasadellasarta.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...